This course introduces some of the challenges and opportunities experienced by older people with autism. It covers common comorbidities and considers how sensory challenges interface with these. Barriers to accessing health and social care services are explored and strategies are discussed that promote inclusion, health and wellbeing.
By the end of the course candidate will be able to:
the potential impacts of ageing on Autistic adults
- Sensory loss and sensory needs
- Mobility, social isolation and connection
- Comorbid conditions
- Mental health and resilience
- Describe the potential advantages of ageing for an autistic person
- List the barriers to accessing health and social care
- Explain practical ways of promoting health and wellbeing
Target Group: All staff, volunteers, family carers, direct employers and their PA’s working with people with Autism.
Time: 09:30 – 16:30
Duration: 1 day
|3rd September 2019||Box Moor Trust, Hemel Hempstead|
|4th November 2019||Robertson House, Stevenage|