Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Crowdfunding for your social cause
November 4, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
This workshop will cover the key stages of a successful crowdfunding campaign, including picking your project and the right platform, discuss differences between crowdfunding and traditional fundraising and how to engage your audience online.
Trustees, staff, volunteers and other members of a charity or anyone who want to be an effective fundraiser in the current climate. No previous experience required, but a good understanding of your own organisation will be helpful.
Course Dates: Thursday 4 /11/2021
Start Time: 10.00
This course will give you basic understanding of:
- Main principles of crowdfunding, looking at main benefits from fundraising this way as well as challenges your organisation will face
- Overview of the different platforms and what they offer- which fees they charge, support they have as well as what is their success rate.
- Which projects are good for fundraising this way and how to pitch your project so it will get the support from the crowd.
- Support available while crowdfunding (HCF or platforms own learning platforms) .
About the Trainer:
Miquel Leon-Canete, a professional fundraiser, CEO and accredited trainer with over 22 years’ experience in the charity sector.
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:email@example.com