Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Data Protection for Non-profit Organisations FREE webinar
November 10, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
The focus of this webinar is on learning about the various forms of risks and threats posed to people’s data when using online and digital tools and systems, and how to apply basic data security and privacy compliance principles.
Anyone working within an organisation who relies on online or digital platforms and tools to manage or enhance services, where data subjects’ personal data is processed.
Course Date: Wednesday 10/11/2021
Start Time: 10.00
End Time: 12.30
Many of you are now offering new forms of service delivery online- have you reviewed how you are safeguarding your service user information, since making this transition to delivering online services? The webinar will give a brief overview of data protection law and the obligations this places on organisations that process people’s personal data. It will also cover some of the prevalent threats to digital data processing, and how to apply basic data security and privacy compliance principles to business operations. Session includes plenty of opportunities for attendees to ask relevant questions and discuss solutions.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Have a broad basic understanding of the definition of personal and special category data, along with the obligations the law places on organisations that process people’s data;
- Have a basic grasp of why information is important, and the various common risks to personal data that may arise through everyday business operations;
- Recognise the broader implications that organisations face as a result of poor employee behaviours towards information security;
- Know how to apply a basic online and data processing risk evaluation mindset to everyday safety and security as part of their roles
- Understand how broader business policies, underpinned by the law, may be applied to them as workers and employees when they are breached
Kim Bradford from Sphere Data Protection is a qualified data protection practitioner, awarded CIPP/E by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), and EU-GDPR-P and C-DPO by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ), incorporating GASQ EU Practitioner registration.
This course is FULLY FUNDED.
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org