Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
FREE Hertfordshire/Herts. Suicide Intervention training – ONLINE
May 27, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
About this Event
Hertfordshire County Council have commissioned Harmless to deliver a an Suicide awareness and prevention accredited course.
Please note, you must be working in/supporting people who reside in Hertfordshire county to qualify for a funded place on this course.
For more information or advice on the courses being delivered please speak to a member of the Let’s Talk Training team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suicide Intervention training
For frontline staff, professionals and volunteers working with those vulnerable to suicide risk in Hertfordshire
- Improve knowledge and understanding of suicide
- Awareness of myths and facts surrounding suicide
- Understand the magnitude of suicide and identify risk groups
- Recognise risk factors and warning signs for suicide
- Understand how the COVID-19 pandemic has changed risk and suicide presentation
- Recognise the wider impact of suicide
- Identify effective risk assessing skills
- Build skill and confidence in responding to and supporting someone in suicidal crisis, both short and long term
- Understand how to implement effective practical support for someone in suicide crisis
- Recognise protective factors and their importance of recovery and support
- Discuss how and where to signpost individuals to appropriate help
Our online training is delivered via Zoom
Once registered, you will receive an email of confirmation. Access details for the session will be sent a week before the training date.
We will provide all delegates with frequent breaks during the session to ensure that screen fatigue is kept to a minimum
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:email@example.com