Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Grow It, Cook It, Share It! at Creswick Family Centre
October 8, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
About this event
Grow It, Cook It, Share It! is the free family learning course where adults and children learn together.
- nine week course
- save money, eat healthily and get more exercise
- learn how to grow your own fruit and veg at home
- for children aged 2-5 years and their families
Every Tuesday for nine weeks, starting Friday 8 October 2021. (No session on 29 October)
Other parents say:
“A good course to learn to grow your own vegetables and prepare healthy food with your children. It gives some hands on experience for your children.”
“A really fun opportunity to work together with your child and try new things. Lots of variety each week and always something tasty to eat.”
More detail about this course:
- This family growing and cooking course teaches families about fruit and vegetables that can easily be grown and eaten at home (whether in a garden, balcony or window box) through supervised gardening and simple cooking sessions.
- It’s a sociable course, as you take part in activities as a family unit and with other families, and gives you the chance to add more fresh vegetables and fruit to your diet.
- Plus you get the mental and physical wellbeing benefits of being active outdoors, getting to grips with nature.
- Fun for all the family!
With thanks to funding from Step 2 Skills.
It’s free so come and join us
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:email@example.com