Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Telling the story of your work
October 7, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 2:45 pm£15
How stories from small organisations can make big impact – tips for writing compelling case studies, reports, presentations, funding applications, social media posts and more
The course is idea for small to medium voluntary sector organisations and the people who find themselves telling their organisation’s story. These could be volunteers or paid employees, with formal or informal responsibilities for communicating what the organisation does.
Course date: Tuesday 07/10/2021
Start time: 12.30
End time: 14.45
We will look at the research into the voices that are the most powerful for describing an organisation’s work (they are not who you think they are!) and we’ll identify practical approaches to collecting those people’s stories for your organisation. We’ll look at very short stories (that can even fit on Twitter) and the implications for volunteers telling their stories. You’ll get some tips for shaping a story and successful ideas for stories that say ‘thank you’ to supporters of all kinds.
Those completing this course will be:
- Be able to identify the most effective messengers to tell their organisation’s story
- Have practical, actionable ideas for the stories they can collect from their organisation – right away
- Have practised interview techniques to collect powerful stories of their organisation’s impact
- Be confident at using a range of approaches to crafting these stories
About the trainer:
Elizabeth Gowing is a professional writer and co-founder of a charity. Her training combines her passions for effective writing and for helping people who make the world a better place.
£15 Hertfordshire VCS organisation staff or volunteer
£35 Hertfordshire private and statutory organisations staff or volunteers
You can arrange payment online via link HERE.
Booking contact: Booking@hertscf.org.uk
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org