Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Unconscious Bias Training
November 3, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
This training will help look at assumptions we make that can drive organisational decisions – often referred to as “unconscious bias”
For all staff and volunteers working in the Hertfordshire voluntary sector.
Course date: Wednesday 3 November 2021
Start Time: 10.00
End Time:12.30 (break included)
If we do not recognise that we have these unconscious assumptions, we may remain unaware of how we are using these to either exclude groups or encourage involvement of a particular group. The purpose of the workshop is to review unconscious bias to develop fresh ideas on equality and organisational change. The workshop will be interactive, through group discussion and reflection.
The workshop will include:
- looking at what we mean by “normal”
- power and the meaning of privilege
- culture, assumptions and organisational discrimination
- tackling unconscious bias to build equality, diversity and inclusion
By the end of the workshop, participants will have
- An understanding of the meaning of unconscious bias
- Had an opportunity to recognise and challenge some of their own personal biases
- Some practical tips on how to support a culture of diversity in the workplace.
About the trainer:
la Chandavarkar has substantial management and work experience in the voluntary and public sectors. She is a consultant and trainer whose previous roles include Head of Policy at the national Women’s Resource Centre, Chief Officer at MENTER, an East of England race equality network, and Voluntary Sector Support Manager at Cambridge City Council.
Cost: NO additional charge – fully funded webinar.
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org