Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Working With Parents In Sport – Building a Positive Parent Culture
January 15 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm£19.95
About this event
We are delighted to welcome author, educator and coach, Gordon MacLelland from Working with parents in sport. Gordon has has led an approach to coach education on links between parents, coaches and children that is often neglected despite how we build relationships with the parents of the people we coach being an essential ingredient to creating the best possible sporting experiences for young people.
Join us for this workshop about how we can better support young people by building a positive culture for them to thrive.
Topics may include:
● What is parental engagement?
● Where are we trying to get to?
● Building a ‘Positive Parent Culture’ in your programme
● Recognising the ‘pressure points’
● Sharing good practise from a range of sporting organisations
● How can we measure progress and impact?
● Supporting coaches in their role
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org