An award in memory of Mandy Perkins, who dedicated her time to raising awareness of domestic abuse, helping those who had been affected by domestic abuse and helping to make Welwyn Hatfield a place where domestic abuse would not be tolerated.
- Nominations will open on Friday 25 January 2019 and will close on Friday 1 March 2019
- Nominations can be made by anyone
- Nominations for The Perkins Award must be made on an official nomination form
- Nominations will be judged by Welwyn Hatfield Domestic Abuse Forum Chair, Vice-Chair and Mandy’s Husband David Perkins
- Requests made by letter, email or telephone will not be considered.
Nominations will be advertised via Welwyn Hatfield Domestic Abuse Forum and the council’s website.
In order to be awarded, the organisation, group or person nominated must have made a significant contribution in the area of domestic abuse in the district of Welwyn Hatfield during the last year (2018-2019). Having gone the ‘extra mile’ to make Welwyn Hatfield a safe and supportive place for those affected by domestic abuse. Nominees must demonstrate examples of how they have done this.
Nominations can be for a project, a person or a group and made by the nominee (on behalf of themselves) or a third party.
Examples can include:
- A local project set up to make an impact in the area of domestic abuse
- A person going above and beyond to raise awareness/campaign/support those affected by domestic abuse
- A group who have worked with determination to make a change to the local perspective of domestic abuse
The winner will awarded at the annual Tri-District Domestic Abuse Conference each year.
Therefore nominees will be expected to attend the annual Tri-District Domestic Abuse Conference on Thursday 28 March, 8.45am-1pm at CW Entertainment, Welwyn Garden City to receive their award.
The winner will receive a recognition plaque in their name.
For further details and how to apply please contact http://firstname.lastname@example.org.