Grants are available to deliver activities with food in the Summer holidays to children aged 5-16 with those in receipt of free school meals eligible for free. The HAPpy programme is supported by Hertfordshire County Council, funded by the Department for Education and coordinated by the Herts Sports Partnership.
We are seeking to fund a diverse range of projects and enrichment activities which are attractive and engaging for all ages and abilities of school children and include physical activity and nutritious food. The fund is open to the voluntary sector, schools, youth clubs, statutory and private providers who can meet the charitable objectives of the programme.
You can apply for grants to support the provision of activities for four hours a day, up to four days a week throughout a four week period during the school summer holiday ie up to 16 x four hour days between 26 July and 27 August. Please note that there is flexibility with regards to the duration of SEND activities.
- Our team are available to support you at any point throughout the application process
- Book onto a webinar about the programme and application process and access our FAQ’s here
- Connect with other local providers to help you fulfil the physical, enrichment or food elements of the project via our website
- Hertfordshire Catering Ltd can prepare meals for your participants (£4.14 per child)
- FREE training will be provided for applicants who need to complete training in Safeguarding and Protecting Children or Food Hygiene
The closing date for applications is 14 May 2021 and full details of the programme can be found here.
For advice regarding programme and delivery please contact the HSP team at E: HAF@herts.ac.uk
For questions regarding the application form or process please contact the HCF grants team at E: Grants@hertscf.org.uk