Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Beginner’s guide to fundraising applications
October 5, 2021 @ 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM£15
Learn what is required to make your first funding application, how to build trust in your organisation and what documents and processess funders need to see . Course includes a workbook that you will complete together during the course. This practical session will be run online and it will be interactive. We would like you to join the session with your workbook, ready to actively take part in the training.
This is a course for those who have never written a funding application or have written very few and want a refresher. It is also aimed at someone new to a charity or community group which has not made many applications previously.
You do not have to have attended any of HCF’s courses before.
Course Date: Tuesday 5 October 2021
Start Time: 10.00
- We will work through a checklist of documents and information that you should gather, that a funder needs to see to build trust in your organisation
- We will get you started building your case for support: uniqueness, the difference that you are trying to make and how the funder’s support will help achieve this.
- The Pre-Course workbook will provide you with a template to fill in during the session – recording your answers to questions that funders will ask, so you are ready to start your first application
- Understand the key organisational requirements for fundraising
- Identify the necessary actions for your organisation to meet them
- Be able to articulate why your organisation deserves support
- Know more about further sources of support
About the Trainer:
Kate Newton is an inspirational trainer and has over 12 years’ experience of supporting hundreds of organisations to get started on their fundraising journey, successfully secure funding and thrive.
- £15 Hertfordshire VCS organisation staff or volunteer
- £35 Hertfordshire private and statutory organisations staff or volunteer
Upon booking, you will receive information on how to arrange payment of your course fee.
Booking Contact: email@example.com
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org