Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Energy Efficiency and Managing Money – Level 1 Progression Course
February 1 @ 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM£10.00
This Gateway level 1 progression course is designed to teach the importance of energy efficiency by looking at appliance and fuel costs. You will learn how to improve the use of energy by looking at tasks to find ways of using your domestic energy in a cost-effective way to benefit the household budget and also the planet.
This course will also cover:
- budgeting and managing personal finances
- understanding ways to deal with a limited budget
- understanding the different ways a budget plan can be beneficial in the short and long term.
This qualification course is aimed at those who want to improve their domestic energy efficiency and how to manage their finances through budgeting and will be of particular benefit to those learners who:
- want to progress into other further or higher education courses, or into new work area
- are returning, or planning to return, to work and who are seeking to update and/or add to their employment skills
- would benefit from alternative approaches to curriculum and learning
- want to test out a vocational area to inform their career/employment choices
- for whatever reason, have not previously achieved in education
- need to develop their literacy and/or numeracy skills.
Please note: Learners must be at either Entry 3 or L1 in English.
NOTE: Once you have booked your place on the course you will need to complete an on-line assessment so that we can check your current English and maths level. Once completed we will confirm your place onto the course.
Start Date: Tuesday 21st February 2023
End Date: Tuesday 9th May 2023
Times: 9.30am – 12.30pm on Tuesday and Thursday
Duration: 60 hours (2 sessions per week)
No sessions on: 4th, 6th, 11th, 13th April 2023
Delivery: Online (live Streamed) – For further information please refer to the ‘Further Information Tab’
Apart from the registration fee, this course is fully funded by The Education & Skills Funding Agency. To be eligible for our courses, learners will need to be:
- Aged 19 years or older on 1st September 2022.
- UK National and lived in UK for last 3 years or EEA National with settled/pre-settled status and lived in EEA for last 3 years or you have the right to live and work in the UK without any immigration restrictions and lived in the UK for last 3 years.
- Hertfordshire resident.
To be fully funded you will also need to be:
- Unemployed and claiming benefits or working and earning below £18,525
If you do not meet the above criteria or you wish to discuss your personal circumstances, please contact us on 01992 556194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register your interest today
- Once you have registered your interest you are provisionally booked into this programme
- You will receive an email and/or call from our tutor who will discuss your ambitions and intentions and check eligibility criteria
- You will then be asked to complete an online English initial assessment
Providing you meet the course eligibility criteria and successfully pass the pre course assessment, your registration onto this course will be confirmed.
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:email@example.com