Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Free Mental Health First Aid Webinar Suicide Prevention
September 6, 2022 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Building safer workplaces and communities
In 2020 the Office for National Statistics reported 4,912 deaths by suicide registered in England. The MHFA share the belief with partners at The National Centre for Suicide Prevention Education and Training (NCSPT) that through education and intervention, suicide is one of the most preventable deaths. Together they are developing a partnership to deliver more Suicide First Aid training.This September, in support of World Suicide Prevention Day, they are raising awareness for suicide prevention and creating a safe space for everyone to learn and discover how to support the mental health of you and your teams. Join the webinar to learn about:
- Why suicide prevention and awareness is vital for safer workplaces and communities.
- Strategies for building safe and inclusive cultures.
- Latest statistics on suicide rates and members of the community who could be affected by this in your workplace.
- Resources to support the mental health of you and others.
*Content warning*: This event discusses themes of suicide.
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:email@example.com