Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Introduction To Mental Health
January 30 @ 10:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Audience: All practitioners working with children and young people in Hertfordshire (age groups primary Years 5 & 6, secondary schools and colleges).
This session provides a universal introduction to mental health by increasing knowledge of how mental health relates to everyone. Individuals will be provided an overview of common mental health issues including, prevalence, signs and how they can affect young people. The session covers stigma and will help improve confidence in attendees around talking about mental health. The session closes with a brief overview of the 5-W2WB and makes attendees aware of the support available across Hertfordshire. This session is versatile in the audiences it may be tailored for.
- Have an increased knowledge and broader understanding of mental health and understand some of the most common signs and symptoms of mental health conditions in young people
- Feel more confident to have conversations around mental health
- Promote early intervention and prevention by knowing how to recognise changes in mental health and how to protect your own mental health
- Have an increased awareness of the range of support and resources available in Hertfordshire, promoting access to early advice and support
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org |01992 588506
Trainer: Carol Lilley -Herts Mind Network
This is a virtual training course and delegates will be sent an invitation via Microsoft Teams to join the event. Please note that your email address may be visible to other delegates on the Microsoft Teams invite.
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:email@example.com