Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Level 2 Award Mental Health and Well-being
April 28 @ 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM£15.00
This qualification is designed to give you the knowledge and understanding of the different types of conditions and impacts of mental health. It introduces you to key issues in mental health, raising awareness of sensitive topics and guidance to support yourself and others.
The units in this qualification cover four broad areas.
- Understanding the term Mental Health and exploring different types of mental health conditions
- The impacts of drugs, alcohol and social media on mental health
- Identifying ways to look after your physical and mental health.
- Knowing how to find help and support for mental health.
This qualification course is aimed at those who have completed a Level 1 in Mental Health & Well-being and wish to progress to a higher level. It is also suitable for those who work in education/health & social care settings, supporting clients or service users with mental health problems but may not have the Level 1 Qualification. In this instance we will ask you to have an assessment with one of our teachers prior to starting the course. This is to ensure that this is the correct course for you to study.
Learners may also use the qualification as an element of their continuing professional development.
Start Date: Friday 28th April 2023
End Date: Friday 30th June 2023
Times: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Duration: 10 weeks
No live sessions on: 2nd June 2023
Delivery: Online (live Streamed) – For further information please refer to the ‘Further Information Tab’
Apart from the registration fee, this course is fully funded by The Education & Skills Funding Agency. To be eligible for our courses, learners will need to be:
- Aged 19 years or older on 1st September 2022.
- UK National and lived in UK for last 3 years or EEA National with settled/pre-settled status and lived in EEA for last 3 years or you have the right to live and work in the UK without any immigration restrictions and lived in the UK for last 3 years.
- Hertfordshire resident.
To be fully funded you will also need to be:
- Unemployed and claiming benefits or working and earning below £18,525
If you do not meet the above criteria or you wish to discuss your personal circumstances, please contact us on 01992 556194 or email email@example.com.
Register your interest today
- Once you have registered your interest you are provisionally booked into this programme
- You will receive an email and/or call from our tutor who will discuss your ambitions and intentions and check eligibility criteria
- You will then be asked to complete an online English initial assessment
Providing you meet the course eligibility criteria and successfully pass the pre course assessment, your registration onto this course will be confirmed.
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org