Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
North Hertfordshire Museum British Library touring exhibition – Paddington: The Story of a Bear
June 6 - June 26
The brilliant touring exhibition from the British Library, Paddington: The Story of a Bear, is visiting North Herts Museum until 26 June. Follow his trail of marmalade splats to explore his tales of adventures in this educational, fun and free exhibition.
Celebrate one of the world’s most beloved fictional characters over 60 years on from when he was first introduced in 1958. Featuring over 50 books, documents and original artworks, highlights include:
- the first edition of A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond given to his parents
- a selection of memorabilia owned by Michael Bond – including Bond’s typewriter used in the 1960s
- the original illustrations of Paddington stories by artists including Peggy Fortnum, David McKee and R.W. Alley
- large Paddington and Aunt Lucy plush toys.
Join in for a marmalade sandwich-fuelled trip down memory lane – an average visit lasts 30 minutes.
North Herts Museum is located in Brand Street, Hitchin.
Tue-Sat 10.30am-4.30pm and Sun 11am-3pm, \
For more information visit the Museum website or call 01462 474554.
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:email@example.com