Welcome to our event and activities page where you will find:
- Events, activities and training provided by the Welwyn Hafield Community & Voluntary Service
- Events, activities and training from our affiliated organisation
- Local & national campaigns
Please use the search bar to narrow your choice.
- This event has passed.
Safeguarding adults at risk – level 1 refresher
October 6, 2021 @ 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM£15
This online course will help organisations to refresh and update knowledge on safeguarding adults at risk and comply with the requirements of The Care Act.
For all staff and volunteers working in a voluntary sector social care environment who have not attended safeguarding adults course within the last 2 years and need a refresher.
NB Course is not suitable for people new to safeguarding adults.Course date: Wednesday 6 October 2021
Time: 10.00-12.30 (30min break included)
- How to define an Adult at Risk
- How to identify if an adult is at risk of being abused or exploited
- The Care Act 2014 & the HCC multi-agency policy and procedures
- Who to talk to and what to do if you have concerns
Course will be delivered interactively, with pre and post course exercises and materials provided.
Pre-course notes will be sent to you upon registration. Please note that you need to read these in order to complete the course.
- Know the three key criteria of an adult at risk
- Name the key principles of safeguarding adults
- Be able to identify different types of abuse
- Recognise symptoms or indicators of abuse
- Differentiate the three key roles in Safeguarding Adults
About the trainers:
Moreen Pascal is a PTLLS-trained experienced tutor, accredited by HCC to deliver Level 1 and Designated Person Safeguarding Adults at Risk courses.
£15 Hertfordshire VCS organisation staff or volunteer
£35 Hertfordshire private and statutory organisations staff or volunteers
You can arrange payment online via link HERE.
If you would like to advertise your event or activity with the Welwyn Hatfield Community & Voluntary Service, please email:email@example.com