We are very pleased to announce the expansion of the existing Community Navigator and Hospital Discharge service across Hertfordshire.
This new, countywide service will be known as the Herts Help Hospital and Community Navigation Service which has been formed from the integration of the West Herts Community Navigator Scheme, Age UK Home and Hospital support service, British Red Cross Hospital Discharge Service, Herts Help @ Home and Herts Help IDT services.
To make a referral to the Hospital and Community Navigation Service, contact Herts Help on 0300 123 4044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The service forms two parts; both of which will help to improve people’s wellbeing, reduce social isolation, reduce home care use, ensure faster hospital discharge, whilst ensuring more appropriate use of primary care, through connecting people up with services and organisations available in their community.
Home and Hospital Support Service
- Short term practical and emotional support to help people maintain their independence at point of clinical discharge. The service prevents unnecessary hospital discharge delays, reduces length of stay and helps to prevent admission and re-admission to Hospital by providing support and care at home. The service also supports people to navigate and access longer term support services.
- Non-clinical support empowering individuals to address the underlying causes that are affecting their ability to manage their own health and well-being, looking at providing community based solutions to meet their needs around the wider determinants of health. Community Navigators are skilled at finding solutions to a broad range of issues, e.g. social isolation, behavioural risk factors, financial issues, carers support etc.
Hospital and Community Navigators are skilled at finding solutions to a broad range of issues.
A free service available throughout Hertfordshire to help residents remain independent
- Aimed at those who have just come out of hospital or have recently been unwell
- Help to access a little extra support at home, including food, essential items and collecting prescriptions
- Support to reduce isolation and connect residents back into their community
- Information and support to try new activities, meet new people or learn a new skill
- Support in accessing services and organisations to support in improving wellbeing and wider determinants of health
The Management team for the Hospital and Community Navigation service is now in place; feel free to contact any of them for more information:
Project Manager Paul O’Hare p.o’email@example.com Tel: 07917053713
Area Manager (East and North) – Matt Charles: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel : 07805059226
Area Manager (South and West) Mary-Ann Lyndsay: MLindsay@redcross.org.uk Tel: 07860715801