Community Car Scheme
See the separate Community Car Scheme page.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks (formerly CRB checks)
To comply with the law all organisations who work with vulnerable adults and children need to be aware that staff and volunteers must be screened. Our CRB check service is available to anyone who may need to be checked.
See our DBS (CRB) Checking Services on our downloadable services price list.
If you want to request one of our DBS (CRB) Checking Services, please click on the appropriate link for the type of volunteer or staff below:
- Paid VCS staff (standard check)
- Paid VCS staff (enhanced check)
- Statutory organisation staff (standard check)
- Statutory organisation staff (enhanced check)
Today the Volunteer Centre has been fully accredited and has many different activities to suit everyone so don’t be afraid to give it a go. Look at the Do-it database by clicking on the logo to the right, or contact us for a chat. These are just some of the areas that we cover:
- Helping at a club or support group
- Administration, clerical or secretarial work
- Charity shops
- Team building days for Businesses
Volunteering Herts has produced a film showing what we all do:
What can you do?
We have details of hundreds of different local organisations so no matter what your age interests or the time you have to spare there are ways in which you can help and groups you can join – for example:
- Offer support to other people e.g. young elderly homeless or victims of crime
- Support people who are mentally unwell
- Befriend people who have learning disabilities or physical disabilities
- Become a sports coach or help a local sports club in a variety of ways
- Help organisations with your office and computer skills
- Fundraise for a group or help them with advertising
- Offer advice information and support in a variety of situations
- Help out practically with driving, gardening, DIY or conservation work
- Join the volunteers at a local hospital or hospice
- Help run a local charity by becoming a trustee
- Consider being a school governor a magistrate or special police constable
Where training is necessary this will be arranged by the organisation you join so don’t worry if you haven’t got all the skills you need right now. Look at our Volunteering page for more details.
We provide a range of office services to support our voluntary and community groups. Our services include:
- Typing and Desk Top Publishing (very competitive rates)
- Internet Access (cheaper than cyber cafes)
- Use of Computer (contact for details)
- Photocopying: A4 A5 and A3 sized copies; white or colour paper; single and double sided; folding and stapling; acetates and laminating
See our Office Services on our downloadable services price list.
If you want to make a request for one of ou Office Services please click on the appropriate link below:
We can offer office and venue equipment for hire to support community projects and help maximise their potential.
See our Hire and Rental Services on our downloadable services price list.
If you want to request one of our Hire and Rental Services please click on the appropriate link below:
Funding advice is available from the Chief Executive and our Small Groups Development Worker. Our monthly ‘Find the Funder’ is emailed to our members and a copy is available here. We have a variety of funding options on offer depending on your needs so if you are seeking financial help for a community project we may be able to help you.
See our Getting Funding Services on our downloadable services price list.
Go to our Funding page to find out more about funding.
At the core of our organisation is volunteering and we currently hold a large database of volunteers in the Welwyn & Hatfield area. Our volunteers operate in a variety of capacities and specialist interests from driving through to care. Go to our Volunteering page to read more about becoming a volunteer.
Training and Governance
We provide a range of services to support and develop people and teams.
See our Information and Advice Services on our downloadable services price list.
If you want to request a service please click on the appropriate link below: