We are delighted to tell you about the launch of our festive project ‘Christmas Kindness ’, which will be delivered in partnership with Small Acts of Kindness and HertsHelp. An army of volunteers are about to start packing the boxes so we expect boxes to be available for collection from Croxley Green early next week. We need your help to make this happen and to bring a smile and Christmas kindness to older and vulnerable people across the county who are feeling more than a bit lonely and isolated right now.
We will have 3000 Christmas gift boxes ready from the first week of December for collection and distribution by our partner organisations who’ve identified people who would benefit from a bit of festive cheer. Each box will include approx. 5 gifts, and will include a Christmas card, sticker feedback card , a Hertshelp information leaflet, chocolate/biscuits, a reusable face mask and a fleecy blanket. We’ve already received interest from some organisations who will be doing door step deliveries of Christmas Kindness boxes to people who they know will be on their own this Christmas.
As you can imagine, logistically this really will be a challenge, and so I’m emailing you to see if your organisation would like a share of the Christmas Kindness boxes to distribute to anyone in need. If you would like an allocation of boxes, then I will need to know a few details so that I can register your interest and coordinate a response on your behalf for Small Acts of Kindness.
We will need to know the number of boxes that you would like ( please make sure that your request is as accurate as possible so that we can ensure that everyone who needs a box receives one). We would also like to know where the boxes will be delivered to ( area, village, town, district etc.) so that we can try and avoid any duplication.
We are mindful that there are different dietary requirements , however given the short timescale for mobilisation we’ve ensured that all edible contents are vegan. On this occasion , we are unable to cater for specific dietary requests . Can we therefore please ask that any item in the box which is not suitable is gifted by the recipient to someone else?
I will coordinate your requests and liaise with Small Acts of Kindness on your behalf. Please note the following:-
- You will need to make arrangements ( via me) for a named contact to collect the boxes from Croxley Green C/O Lynne Misner
Small Acts of Kindness, 3 Abloy, Hatters Lane, Croxley Park, WD18 8AJ. They are happy for collections to take place on any of the days from the 2nd December until the 10th , between 10.30am and 4 pm but it has to be by prior arrangement. I will coordinate your responses so please email me with details.
- You will need to ensure that the vehicle which collects the boxes ( which will be in batches of 5) is big enough !
- The dimensions of the storage boxes are: 590 x 390 x 420mm. Each of these storage boxes will hold 5 Christmas Kindness Boxes.
- You will need to confirm a date and time for collection in advance ( so that SAOK can follow Covid guidelines for collection).
- You will need to provide me with contact details including a named contact and a mobile number so that SAOK can contact you if you do not manage to collect at the agreed time.
- You/your organisation will need to organise for the delivery of the boxes once you are in receipt of your allocated batch.
I would be grateful if you let me know if you are interested in collecting a batch of the Christmas Kindness boxes for delivery to people who you are aware of by Monday 30th November . Allocation of boxes will be on a first come, first serve basis, and your requests should be based on a realistic number ( i.e. identified number of individuals who are elderly, vulnerable, recently bereaved , feeling isolated having stayed in their homes since March or living alone).