Student Volunteering Week from 12 -18 February 2024 is a nationwide campaign highlighting the valuable role of student volunteers and their contributions to society. It is an opportunity to:
- Reach out to new students who maybe looking to contribute their time to a charitable organisation or community group to enhance their communication, team building and/or employability skills.
- To those who simply want to help, make new friends and discover new qualities about themselves.
- To celebrate and thank the students who provide a positive impact when they commit to a task.
Hertfordshire is home to a bustling University and 4 colleges which has a diverse community of students brimming with innovative ideas on how they can help local causes.
This week is a great time to encourage students to engage in volunteering activities so they can make a positive impact within the community and develop valuable skills they can take into their careers.
We have been working with Jessica Money the University of Hertfordshire Sustainability Coordinator to provide activities which her students can get involved in.
The sustainability team, alternate members to attend local litter picks and more recently have been revamping the allotment at the Briars Pavilion. They have a strong desire to improve local spaces and are highly eco-friendly. Give them a follow on Instagram and X (formally Twitter) to keep up to date with their work.
Students, get involved and start your journey today!
- Visit our Volunteer Centre Welwyn Hatfield and explore the opportunities available in our borough or make an appointment with the Volunteer Centre Welwyn Hatfield to discuss what you are looking for.
- Do you already volunteer with us? Why not share your experience on social media and inspire others to get involved.
Not based in Welwyn Hatfield? Visit GoVolHerts for enquiries across Hertfordshire.