- Tobacco takes the lives of approximately 6 million people worldwide, every year.
- 400,000 of those tobacco related deaths happen in the United States alone.
- Of those 400,000 tobacco related deaths, 41,000 of them are non-smokers with heavy, long-term exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Smoking is a habit that ends up killing half of its users, yet over 10% of the US population (33 million people) report smoking every single day.
- Tobacco related illnesses rack up $133 BILLION in direct healthcare costs every year.
This isn’t just a small issue, this is an epidemic.
Quit Smoking Community is a virtual community that offers support and information for those trying to kick the deadliest habit in the world.