We’re please you would like to include volunteers in your organisation
Volunteer Centre Welwyn Hatfield provides a service to volunteer involving organisations by recruiting volunteers in the Welwyn Hatfield Borough (including the nearby villages). This includes the public, voluntary, community sector and local sports clubs/organisations.
Register with us today
We can start helping your organisation recruit and manage volunteers. You can download our registration forms and post or email it back to us today. Please note that you will need to have Adobe PDF Reader installed to view these files.
Please do contact us to talk about your volunteer needs as we are happy to help
- We will help you by advertising your volunteering opportunities. Both on the national Do-it website, and locally. (We will contact you on a regular basis to check the details of any opportunities that we are promoting for you.)
- You can get information and advice about best practice in recruiting and managing volunteers.
- We can help you develop your local volunteering opportunities
Our Volunteer Management sign up schemes:
Volunteer involving organisations will be encouraged to self-assess their current policies, practices and procedures with an easy to use checklist which consists of a series of simple statements about basic volunteer management. Organisations can decide whether they fully meet the criteria, meet them partly, or not meet them at.
- We can offer 1-1 support and direction to assist you get the procedures and policies in place to fully support your volunteers.
- Once everything is complete we will present you with a certificate a logo to use and your name will appear on a dedicated website page.
For organisations we provide:
- FREE advertising of voluntary opportunities on our local database and onwww.do-it.org.for our member organisations.
- Information and training on volunteer management 6 Point Promise (Hertfordshire Organisations)
- Reference materials on Volunteer Management
- Occasional volunteer recruitment events e.g. Volunteer Speed matching
- Volunteers Week and make a Difference Day Events
Volunteer Management Training
Delivered in partnership with our Volunteer Centre colleagues in Hertfordshire our one-day course (9.30am to 4.00pm) explores the challenges of recruiting, retaining and managing volunteers, making it ideal for staff and volunteers who have this responsibility as part, or all, of their role
This interactive and engaging one-day course will explore the challenges of recruiting, retaining and managing volunteers. It is ideal for staff who have this responsibility as their role. We have split the course into two halves to give participants more choice.
If you have not already achieved the 6 Point Promise this is an ideal opportunity to get started. Funders seek evidence of quality service; the 6 Point Promise acknowledges your commitment to excellence.
Our next training course will be in October; date to follow.
Full membership benefits to the Volunteer Centre includes:
For just £30 a year
- Support with volunteer recruitment (we offer 1:1 advice sessions to help volunteers find suitable opportunities)
- Regular information updates and e-bulletins
- Promotion of our Members through articles, displays and events
- 1:1 and group advice and support in governance volunteer management training
- Assistance with volunteer management, such as the Six Point Promise
- Local and countywide networks and partnerships
- Regular information updates and info e-bulletins
- DBS Online checking
- Priority invitation to our free networking events
- Our specialised training and workshops at discounted rates
- Access to CVS equipment, audio-visual equipment hire, often at discounted rates
- Promotion of your events via our social networks
Countywide Membership £100
We partner with other Volunteer Centres in the country to provide a cohesive service a wider range of opportunities Please visit: Volunteering Hertfordshire
Valuing Volunteer Management 6 Point Promise
Our aim is to raise standards of volunteer management throughout Hertfordshire. Volunteer-involving organisations are encouraged to self assess their current policies, practices and procedures with a quick and easy to use checklist. https://volunteeringherts.uk/6-point-promise/
Volunteering Herts Excellence in Volunteer Management Award Winners 2021
Volunteering Herts would like to wish the winners of the 2021 Valuing Volunteer Management Award: Carers in Hertfordshire, our heartfelt congratulations and thanks for demonstrating such exemplary commitment to caring for your volunteers.
On behalf of your volunteers, THANK YOU. Watch us presenting them with their award here.
A message from the previous award winner Family Lives
Family Lives won the Valuing Volunteer Management in Hertfordshire last year. There was some tough competition but they secured the win with their commitment to making sure their volunteers feel valued and part of the organisation.
Here a little message from them on how their year has been.
It was a real honour to win the award for Family Lives last year, it underpins the work we do and demonstrates that we are a volunteer led organisation, following best practice. We really care for the wonderful team of volunteers we have.
The last year has been one of huge growth! Offering opportunities for people to volunteer for us at home, turned out to be a success.
Volunteers have been remotely training and supporting the helpline, whilst still being very much supported by our team of supervisors.
It has enabled us to continue to provide a quality service and still remain a strong team.
To this year’s winners I would say congratulations and well done for your commitment to best practice with volunteering.