Volunteering is simple!
It’s about giving your valuable time, commitment and skills to help your local community without profitable gain. (apart from expenses).
Volunteering can be a great way to meet new people, learn new skills, and gain useful experience. It should also be fun!
There are many opportunities!
Whatever skills and experience you have, there is something that you can do. The best way to see what is available is to browse on the Do-it database.
There are no age limits on volunteering but there can sometimes be difficulties for people under the age of 16, mostly for insurance reasons. If you have any concerns, ask the organisation that you are applying to.
If you want to talk generally about volunteering opportunities in your area, contact us at the Volunteer Centre Welwyn Hatfield, part of the WHCVS.
E: email@example.com or T: 01707 274861
If you are not in Welwyn Hatfield then you can find your local Volunteer Centres by clicking here.
Full membership benefits to the Volunteer Centre includes:
For just £30 a year
- Support with volunteer recruitment (we offer 1:1 advice sessions to help volunteers find suitable opportunities)
- Regular information updates and e-bulletins
- Promotion of our Members through articles, displays and events
- 1:1 and group advice and support in governance volunteer management training
- Assistance with volunteer management, such as the Six Point Promise
- Local and countywide networks and partnerships
- Regular information updates and info e-bulletins
- DBS Online checking
- Priority invitation to our free networking events
- Our specialised training and workshops at discounted rates
- Access to CVS equipment, audio-visual equipment hire, often at discounted rates
- Promotion of your events via our social networks
Countywide Membership £100 visit Volunteering Hertfordshire
Valuing Volunteer Management 6 Point Promise
Our aim is to raise standards of volunteer management throughout Hertfordshire. Volunteer-involving organisations are encouraged to self assess their current policies, practices and procedures with a quick and easy to use checklist. https://volunteeringherts.uk/6-point-promise/
Volunteer Centres Hertfordshire Excellence in Volunteer Management Awards
Annual Volunteer in Excellence Awards Winner for 2020
A huge congratulations to Family Lives who are this years Valuing Volunteer Management in Hertfordshire winners. There was some tough competition this year but they secured the win with their commitment to making sure their volunteers feel valued and part of the organisation.