For Organisations We Provide
Welwyn Hatfield Volunteer Centre provides a service to volunteer involving organisations recruiting volunteers in the Welwyn Hatfield Borough (including the nearby villages). This includes public, voluntary and community sector and local sports clubs organisations
Register with us today
We can start helping your organisation recruit and manage volunteers. You can download our registration forms and post or email it back to us today. Please note that you will need to have Adobe PDF Reader installed to view these files.
Please do contact us to talk about your volunteer needs as we are happy to help
- We will help you by advertising your volunteering opportunities. Both on the national Do-it website, and locally. (We will contact you on a regular basis to check the details of any opportunities that we are promoting for you.)
- You can get information and advice about best practice in recruiting and managing volunteers.
- We can help you develop your local volunteering opportunities
Our Volunteer Management Sign Up Schemes:
Volunteer involving organisations will be encouraged to self-assess their current policies, practices and procedures with an easy to use checklist which consists of a series of simple statements about basic volunteer management. Organisations can decide whether they fully meet the criteria, meet them partly, or not meet them at.
- We can offer 1-1 support and direction to assist you get the procedures and policies in place to fully support your volunteers.
- Once everything is complete we will present you with a certificate a logo to use and your name will appear on a dedicated website page.
For Organisations we provide:
- FREE advertising of voluntary opportunities on our local database and onwww.do-it.org.for our member organisations.
- Information and training on volunteer management 6 Point Promise (Hertfordshire Organisations)
- Reference materials on Volunteer Management
- Occasional volunteer recruitment events e.g. Volunteer Speed matching
- Volunteers Week and make a Difference Day Events
Volunteer Management Training
Delivered in partnership with our Volunteer Centre colleagues in Hertfordshire our one-day course (9.30am to 4.00pm) explores the challenges of recruiting, retaining and managing volunteers, making it ideal for staff and volunteers who have this responsibility as part, or all, of their role
This interactive and engaging one-day course will explore the challenges of recruiting, retaining and managing volunteers. It is ideal for staff who have this responsibility as their role. We have split the course into two halves to give participants more choice.
If you have not already achieved the 6 Point Promise this is an ideal opportunity to get started. Funders seek evidence of quality service; the 6 Point Promise acknowledges your commitment to excellence.
Our next training course will be in May.