The Onslow St Audrey’s School will start lateral flow testing for Covid-19 for all students in January.
Students and staff will be able to take a test and 30 minutes later get the result.
Communities 1st, along with the Volunteer Centre in Welwyn Hatfield, have been asked to recruit and co-ordinate volunteers to assist with non-clinical duties around reception and queue management.
Volunteers can come from any background. You will be trained on line, and then be asked to volunteer for a 4-hour shift. At the start of the shift you will be issued with PPE and be tested yourself. All volunteers will receive travel expenses and refreshments.
Individuals who are interested in volunteering need to register at www.communities1st.org.uk/COVID-19-community-signup. Once registered, ID verified and vetted, volunteers will receive training links for the online training.
Individuals will be asked to volunteer for a vacant shift (a shift is 4 hours) and there will be about 8-11 volunteers on each shift.
The expected duties are
- Registration Desk – Registration Assistant
- Greet students at arrival
- Provide test kits and directions to swabbing desk
- Swabbing Desk – Test Assistant
- Provide instructions on what to expect with taking the LFT
- Processing Desk – Processor Assistant
- Conducts processing of tests and interprets results.
- Recording Desk – Results Recorder
- Collates results from Processing Assistants and uploads to digital solution
Volunteers will be required to commit to a whole shift and ideally more than 1 day, this will help build experience and efficiency of the testing process.
If you wish to volunteer please register at www.communities1st.org.uk/COVID-19-community-signup or email firstname.lastname@example.org